Solo Ads & Ad Swaps
Helpful Techniques for Internet Marketing List Growth
A fundamental component for making money online with internet marketing is list building. The adage that “the money is in the list” is incredibly true!
(Technically the money is in your relationship with your list, but that’s a different story!)
If you’re still not sure about this whole list building thing, or why can be an important part of monetizing online, be sure to check out List Building Basics.
With that has came a lot of discussion of Solo Ads and Ad Swaps.
What Are Solo Ads and Ad Swaps?
In super basic terms, a “Solo Ad” is when you generally pay someone to mail their email list, on your behalf, with a recommendation and link to your free optin offer squeeze page.
An “Ad Swap” is the same idea only two people do it in exchange with each other to help each other out. (If one has a much larger list than the other, the one with the smaller list may need to mail twice, to send a fair amount of traffic.)
These two are basically the same, except that one is paying with an exchange and the other is paying with cash.
This type of advertising takes advantage of the relationship a marketer has with their list… that their list KLT’s (knows, likes and trusts) them… to get some optins for the other person.
This can be an incredibly powerful form of list building although there are a lot of variables that go into how good the results will be.
What Is Needed To Participate In Ad Swaps?
To start with, before you can do ANYTHING you have to have a few things in place….
1. Hosting – your squeeze/optin page has to be hosted somewhere on the internet
2. Autoresponder – this service allows you to capture a list and get good deliverability when you later send emails to them
3. A “Ethical Bribe” – this is the freebie you are exchanging with the visitor for his/her name and email address. Can be your own product/ebook or a PLR you have giveaway rights too.
4. A squeeze page (aka optin page) for the other person to send traffic to for you.
1. Money to pay for a Solo Ad.
2. An existing double optin list you have a good relationship with to be able to mail an ad for the other person. (If the other person has a larger list than you do, you may also need to leverage your ability to promote to your twitter followers/etc although these are technically not a list.)
Where to Find Ad Swaps and Solo Ads?
There are a number of places in the internet marketing world online that one can find potential people to do business with. The Warrior Forum often has lots of people either looking for/ offering ad swaps, or selling Solo Ads. Definitely be careful in there as you MUST find someone that has a good reputation or you could end up out some money.
One of the best ways however is within your own preexisting communities.
For example many of the tribe syndication communities are currently attempting to facilitate ad swaps among their members.
Often within your own niche and own private communities you can find groups offering ad swaps.
It is ALWAYS best to start these swaps in your existing communities (or communities you trust) so that the trust level is high and you feel comfortable promoting the other person.