10 Ways to Increase Sales by Promoting Yourself
People will feel more comfortable purchasing your
products if you give them a little information about
yourself or business. The information could be your
profile, employee profiles, overall business history,
education credentials, awards you’ve won, etc.
Below are 10 ways you can use to promote yourself.
1. Teach a free chat room class on a subject related
to your business. You could install a chat room on
your web site or use a free one from another web site.
Before the class starts tell them a little about you.
2. Publish a free e-zine. Use some of the extra space
in your e-zine to write about yourself or business. This
could be called “A Note from the Editor”.
3. Publish a section on your web site called “About
us”. With your information you could also include
pictures. This shows people you’re not hiding behind
4. Write an article on your area of expertise. Include
a resource box at the end of the article. You can add
information about yourself in the resource box. E-mail
the article to web sites or e-zines that accept article
5. Create and giveaway a free eBook. In the eBook
include a section called “About the Author”. Also,
include an advertisement for your business.
6. Participate in online communities like newsgroups,
discussion boards, e-mail discussion lists and chat
rooms. You will meet many people and in return they
will get to know you.
7. Donate your time, products, or services to charities.
You can list the charities you’ve contributed to on your
web site. This will show visitors that you and your
business care about others.
8. Promote yourself offline; teach a free class offline,
speak at business seminars, join a business club or
association. Assemble fundraisers for charity. These
are just few ideas to promote yourself offline.
9. Offer free consulting to your visitors. You could do
it via e-mail or phone. They will get to know you and
feel more comfortable buying your products.
10. Publish information about yourself and business
history in your ad copy. While people are reading it
they begin to trust you and your business. Don’t over
do it though, you want to keep them interested in