Link exchanging is a great way to attract quality and targeted traffic for your website.
This is an excellent method if you are on a tight budget and need some additional traffic. Many experienced webmasters swear by this method of direct marketing as it benefits you in two different ways.
The more links that you exchange with other website owners that are in the same niche as your own, the more targeted visitors you could potentially have coming back to your website, once they are there it is up to you to take advantage of that.
Why Are Back Links Important?
Back links to your website are excellent in ranking your website higher for search engines, search engines like Google will scan your site and look to see where it is linked from, if your website is linked from many different locations then it helps with your website ranking, especially if it is linked from popular websites that are already ranked highly.
It is really simple to get started link exchanging, simply search for other websites that are related to your own, it is very important that you only look for sites that are in your chosen niche in order to get any kind of targeted traffic, websites that actually complement each other work the best and give you the best chance of getting a link exchange.
Buying links to your website is a great way to get links if you are short of time, however, you must still be a little cautious here, many search engines will actually penalize you or even remove your site from their indexing if you buy too many, too quick, from the wrong places. Search engines expect you to build your links naturally.
Here are a few pointers that may help you when buying links:
- You should always buy your links from a reputable website or firm.
- Try not to use the same text for all the links you intend on buying, it looks like you are spamming the search engines in order to gain a higher rank for a specific category.
- Only purchase links that are related to your own particular niche.
- Buy your links gradually, do not be tempted to get too many, too quickly.
There are many different methods of gaining links to your website but they all depend on the quality of your links, high quality links increase the popularity of your website and generate that much needed traffic.
Always try to choose methods of gaining links that do not take up too much of your time and also give you high quality targeted links. Remember, link building is a continuous, yet slow process that happens over a period of time.
Link Exchange Directories
There are many link exchange directories out there that you can use to help you along with the link exchange process, some are paid directories that may ask you to place some code within your website and others are free directories where you can simply exchange links and manually place the links within each other’s sites. I would personally go for a paid directory so you do not have to manually add all the links yourself.
Here are a few of the top directories that you can use for link exchanges:
Tips for Link Exchanging
Here are a few handy little tips that will help you build your link exchanges better and faster, giving you those much needed targeted traffic links to your site.
- Be sure you aim for targeted traffic. Try to exchange links with other website owners that are in the same niche as your own, this will give you a much more targeted response.
- The title of your link must be short and to the point, avoid long titles that are not interesting. The description of your link should be concise and to the point, try to keep it within 200 characters.
- Never use all upper case characters in your title or your description.
- Do not force deadlines upon webmasters, give people plenty of notice and be as polite as you can.
- Once you have agreed upon a link exchange, never remove a partner from your site. Keeping your word is very important to build up a reputation in business.
- Tell the webmaster why you want to link up with their site and give a brief statement about how you think that this partnership can benefit you as well as the webmaster.
- Keep your link pages search engine friendly by not placing more than around 25 links per page.
- Do not ask for link exchanges before your website is ready. Most webmasters will turn down your link exchange request if your site is under construction.
- Never give wrong information about your site or yourself in the request. Honesty is a very important factor here.
- Organise all the link partners clearly and neatly on your site. A well organised page always creates a good impression, so spend some time on it and make it look good.
- Always link your link page to your home page.
- Only use partners that match the mood and tone of your site. For example, if your site is family friendly you must avoid links that are not family friendly.
- Do not opt for free link programs and link farms. They generally add unrelated and irrelevant stuff and you end up receiving a hell lot of trash in your inbox!
These are just a few suggestions that will help you build up your links, however, you have to be discerning enough yourself and have a lot of patience in order to get great links and partners. Working together and cooperating with all your partners will give you a great opportunity to build up a successful site.