In order to have high converting webinars you simply must follow a strict set of proven guidelines in order to have the desired outcome necessary to walk away with a satisfied audience as well as a bunch of new happy customers.
Here are the most important sections of successful high converting webinars in sequential order:
1. The Welcome (pre-webinar)
2. The Introduction (host introduces live – you or a partner)
3. The Hook and The BIG Promise/ (What’s In It For Them)
4. The Story (why are they listening to YOU)
5. Social Proof (does this work and can I do it?)
6. The Agenda (what are you going to tell them during the webinar)
7. Content (high-value actionable training)
8. Social Proof (people like me are doing this)
9. Pitch (how can you make it easy for them to do it)
10. Q&A (alleviate skepticism and overcome fears)
11. Reclose (how can I buy)
12. Say your thanks and goodbyes
Now allow me to explain in more detail how you can have high converting webinars.
1. The Welcome: Usually around 15 minutes before start time your webinar experience should start the moment someone logs in! It doesn’t matter when you are supposed to start. Your attendees need to know they’re in the right place and feel like you care they are there.
2. The Introduction: 1 to 2 minutes. Must set the tone for the webinar while helping to set up your authority/pass the authority to you for the rest of the show.
3. The Hook and The BIG Promise: 3- 5 minutes. What are THEY going to get out of being with you for an hour plus. Also this is where you announce the FREE bonuses the attendees receive at the END of the webinar.
4. The Story: 2 to 3 minutes. Once you’ve delivered the Big Promise to your audience then it’s time to tell them about who you are and why you are qualified to teach them the content you have planned for them. REMEMBER: People buy from people they Know, Like and Trust!
5. Social Proof: 3 to 5 minutes. Carefully orchestrated flow of success stories or case studies from people who have taken action using your product and seen results. “If they can do it then so can you!”
6. The Agenda: 1 to 2 minutes. What is it that you are going to cover again and what will they be able to TAKE ACTION on when they leave the webinar?
7. Content: 45 to 60 minutes. Now you teach them EXACTLY what it is that you promised you would in your Big Promise. You REALLY want to deliver here with your best stuff!
8. More Social Proof: 3 to 5 minutes. Another carefully orchestrated flow of success stories or case studies from people who have taken action using your product and seen results. “If they can do it then so can you!”
9. The Pitch: 5 to 15 minutes. This MUST be done with a high, but not overdone, level of energy, enthusiasm and confidence. You also have to make sure you are transitioning from the last section of the presentation into the pitch the right way or it will seem like all you are there for is to sell them something. The structure of the pitch is actually very important as it determines whether you make a bunch of sales or walk away with a big fat doughnut!
10. Q&A: 10 to 60 minutes (varies depending on audience)
LIVE WEBINAR: Always ask a few questions first that you have control of. Meaning, ask the questions that most people would ask about your product that provides the biggest reason to buy NOW! Then answer questions from the audience, always addressing each person by name when you answer their question. Keep it brief and don’t go into long drawn out dissertations.
EVERGREEN WEBINAR: Ask a set of patent questions that address the most common issues people would have with your product and make sure it ALWAYS leads to why they NEED your product!
11. Close. 2 to 5 minutes. Time to bring them back to the buying mindset. For a hosted webinar it’s best for the host to tell everyone they NEED to get over and buy your program (remember the authority factor). For an evergreen webinar, YOU have to quickly reiterate the reasons to buy and get the last sales.
12. End Game: 1 to 2 minutes Time to wrap things up, thank everyone for attending and say your goodbyes!
The Finer Points
Slides MUST be professional but don’t have to be ridiculously overstated.
Live Over The Shoulder training is very powerful during your content segment.
BE PREPARED! Practice makes better and better.
NEVER “give away the whole package”. ALWAYS leave them wanting more. Or they won’t want to buy because they will think they already have everything they need to do it themselves!
Without giving it ALL away, make sure your content is high quality and your audience can understand and take action on what you teach. Don’t present “fluffy” content!
Engagement is key! You want to sprinkle engagement with the audience throughout your webinar presentation. This keeps them attentive and on task with you.
Good: ALWAYS have valuable bonuses you can announce in your initial communication (email or auto-webinar signup video/page) and re-announce during your Hook and Big Promise.
Better: Have that AND a “surprise” bonus you will only announce at the end of your CLOSE!
Best: Have those AND killer bonus(es) to “Stack The Cool” for buyers ONLY!
Even Better Than Best: Have those AND more valuable unannounced bonus(es) that they get AFTER they buy. Builds HUGE trust factor AND get’s them closer to “Rabid Fan” status!
OVER THE TOP AWESOME: Come up with something Super Dupery you can offer them as a kick ass bonus AFTER the refund period is over. Think lower, if almost Non-Existent refunds AND even more “Rabid Fan” status with your peeps!
ALWAYS collect the registration list. REMEMBER: the power is in the list!
Correctly administered surveys and polls are VERY powerful.
This is not an exhaustive list but a fairly thorough set of guidelines to creating killer high converting webinars that position YOU as the expert, teaches your audience actionable content AND sells your program ALL at the same time, Enjoy and Good Luck!